Progressive Web Apps
Progressive web apps is originally proposed by Google in 2015, they have already attracted a lot of attention because of the relative ease of development and the almost instant wins for the application’s user experience. It is a latest technologies to combine the best of web and mobile apps. It is actually developed using web technologies, but appears to be like an app. Updates have been made in the browser such that users can install these web apps to their home screen and can receive notifications similar to native apps. These PWAs can even be used offline without the use of network availability.
Ionic and React Js framework using to develop PWA.
These famous website using PWA – Flipkart lite, Twitter Lite, Pinterest, Uber.
It should work in areas of low connectivity or offline
- A progressive web app’s UI must fit the device’s form factor and screen size.
- A progressive web app can be installed on the device’s home screen, making it readily available.
- It will support push notifications.
- Very safe, it is imperative that the app be hosted over HTTPS to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
- PWA is to simplify and optimize the code while also helping in providing faster delivery of content to the end-user.
- Service Workers
- Web App Manifest
Any web application can be upgraded to a PWA in simple steps at ease.
To do so:
- Upload files to web server with force HTTPS.
- Create and include a web app manifest.