Towards the end of the year 2019, there were many predictions, put forth by the E-commerce industry experts. Sana Commerce, a global E-commerce platform had done a brief reportage on how the e-commerce industry would be in the year 2020. Meanwhile, the year has caused the failure of many of our expectations for almost every industry ranging from small scale to large MNCs. But, we have not given up; perhaps, the E-commerce industry is stable enough due to the increased online sales. As people cannot enter outside to make purchases, they have all inclined towards the online shopping trend. A digital marketplace, regardless of b2b or b2c categories, takes immense effort to deliver the essentials.
One may wonder how an E-commerce industry works, especially using next-gen technological innovations. So, let us look at some of the e-commerce trends:
- Personalised shopping: Every customer is an important entity and to give them the feel of real shopping, it is important to customise their shopping feeds with the stuff which is relevant to them. Otherwise, they might lose out interest. To make this possible, tools such as AI can be used. Various sources are using which the data can be collected that helps in customising the products, it includes order history in the app, shopping list, searches, demographics, social as well as psychological factors and the like. For instance, the user might add any product in their wish list or leave them in the cart without proceeding to make the purchase, so the platform can offer similar products from different brands.
- Using AR and VR: According to a survey conducted by Vertebrae, three-fourth of the respondents prefer AR rather than a video-commercial for online shopping and entertainment. This is evidence that people are expecting beyond the traditional means of marketing. As much as the cost is involved in buying the products, the customers or consumers look for add on engagement factors. While AR has become very common these days in social media apps such as Snapchat and Instagram, online shopping is at the verge of utilising AR and VR. As both technologies give an immersive experience to the users, it turns out to be one of the most effective marketing strategies.
- Voice-assistance: Repeat customers are benefitted the most because of the voice assistance feature because they would not have to search for the product which they previously purchased. Also, the feature is helpful when we are multi-tasking or working on something else when the idea of shopping pops up and we would rather buy right away than doing so at a later time.
- Safety and hygiene factors: This particular factor has been included only by this year because of the COVID 19 global pandemic. The consumers have concerns towards hygiene and they need the E-commerce companies to assure safe delivery practices to avoid contracting the Novel Coronavirus.
- Progressive web applications: We can find a lot of apps in the play store for shopping and some of them even provide the lite version of the app. But the introduction of progressive web applications has brought in a whole new perspective in E-commerce as well as other online business ventures. Progressive web applications are created in the same way as an android or an iOS app would be, but it is directed at the customers who prefer to go ahead with the browser rather than downloading the app. This is helpful especially for the niche platforms and multiple vendor.
To create an efficient digital market place or E-commerce market place, use pazerplus buy and sell php script, which is an etsy clone created by BSEtec. The app has exciting features that make the online shopping experience exciting. Start your E-commerce platform today with Pazer Plus!