The Latest version Ionic 4 Has Finally Been Released
The Ionic crew has been very busy occupied off the screen to complete the Ionic 4 release for the past few months. Ionic 4 has recently been launched and it is going a great job in developing the field. This blog will be truly a guideline of how the release of Ionic 4 will impact our developing process, which you do in order to build applications. Let us view what all extra features that included in Ionic 4:
The main change in Ionic 4 is that all Ionic components are now connected with the Web. This means that the old version of Ionic should be used with Angular, however, now you can use them independently or along with other frameworks. In addition, along with Ionic 4 a web component compiler called Stencil has also been launched. Stencil is used for building Ionic web component or your own web components. Moreover, with the combination of these 2 web components, you can easily build your own application.
Features of Ionic 4:
- Basic Syntax Changes
The transmission of web components has led to some principal syntax changes, however, these are pretty direct.
- Numerous attributes have been renamed, however, once more, these are minor changes. Rather than utilizing icon- right we would utilize slot=”end”, rather than simply utilizing a vast property would utilize size=”large”, and as opposed to utilizing full to make a catch full width we would utilize expand=”full”. These are not the greater part of the characteristic changes, but rather this ought to represent the point.
- Colour modification
The default colours have been changed, and some new default colours have likewise been included
- Tappable Substances
In our past days, we used a <button> for list items that we require to be tappable, however, now we just include the tappable feature to an <ion-item>:
- Architectural changes
Apart from the simple syntax modifications, there also exist a few architectural changes to the applications. Since Ionic and Angular are tied up so tightly, now Ionic has got its independence and now you can use it separately.
- Root Module changes
The module.ts file comprises the root module for the app, however, Ionic 4has come with some couple of modifications. The IonicAngularModule is new, however, it fundamentally replaces the role of what Ionic module did previously.
- Page Component Changes: The components of your app pages will look stunning, except for some little modifications in the component decorator. The decorator now contains a property for styleURLs that will now in need to link to the suitable. SCSS file that describes the components’ styles. We will likewise now have the capacity to effortlessly scope the styles for a specific part to only that segment. Previously, despite the fact that we had a different .scss file for every part, we would wrap the styles for the segment within its own selector: this ensures that the styles would impact only on the component that we are working. If not, it would be applied globally.
We can set the epitome property to one of the accompanying three qualities:
- None – Shadow DOM isn’t utilized, and styles won’t be checked to only that part
- Emulated – Shadow DOM isn’t utilized, yet styles will be checked to only that part
- Native – Shadow DOM is utilized
Being the Best Web and Mobile App Development Company, BSEtec is taking advantages of this new version Ionic 4 in order to build the most selling applications. We have created numerous stunning applications using Ionic that are truly user-friendly and easy to access. For more information about BSEtec and our products, visit: https://www.bsetec.com/