How Prototyping Methodologies can help you to grow your Business
An early draft or sample of a product, built through wireframes and mockups to test an idea or a concept is a prototype. It helps in elevating the design process by gaining proper insights about the shortcomings before initiating the process of building the product, which also prevents us from investing our valuable resources like time, money and efforts into the product before its development.
What are the 4 main components for a successful prototyping methodology?
Whatever methodology you use for prototyping, you must remember these four main components for creating a successful prototype
- People – The observers and the people on whom you are testing the prototype.
- Object – Static & Interactive, inclusive of the prototype & other objects that people can engage with.
- Location – The environment and place where the prototype is being examined.
- Interaction – Engagement and communication can be between people, physical or digital- or even among the objects and the location.
What are the methods that one can utilise for Prototyping correctly?
From the target customers, seeking validation and getting a better grasp of the product development process is the utmost objective of creating a working prototype model.
The methods by which one can use in the process of prototyping correctly are :
- By defining specific objectives and setting goals for each prototype – Sometimes one prototype is anticipated to do many things, however, it is not a practicable way to understand what needs improvement. Therefore, incorporation of your ideas into different prototypes which are aimed at different purposes will of course give you a much clearer understanding of the issues surrounding your prototype and by default making your product more efficient and effective after its development.
- By understanding the product requirements and letting it undergo user testing – With a different target audience, every product has different needs to be met. It is difficult to measure the success of a particular type if it does not meet the specific needs of the user. Therefore, it is very important to understand what you require in your product, which will give you a clear idea of the product needs and what you will need to add or upgrade to the existing version you have made.
- By examining your budget – While creating a prototype, one thing you must not keep off the charts is your budget. Prototyping only helps you to build the design of a website, app or any digital product by providing a tangible form, you must be aware of that. A prototype is not the end product. Therefore, investing a lot of money in just prototyping may not be very profitable and may put you into a budget crunch before the construction of the actual product itself.
- By revising and refining the process for refining the prototype – If you have a specific drawback in your prototype which does not apply to a finished product, then you have done the process of prototyping successfully. Acknowledge your failures, revising and repeating the prototype until it meets user requirements and preferences is important.
So, what are you waiting for? Create a wide plethora of mockups, wireframes and working prototypes and bring your vision to reality using Protomock.
Contact us for a live demo today!