Product Launch Plan – How to Prepare Your Prototype
The preparation of a Prototype is one of the most interesting phases in product design and development. Before the final development of the product, building a prototype allows you to bring the product to life. If you have a great idea and want to know whether it will work in real life or not, you can make that idea more tangible by creating its prototype and then invest it into market testing– for gaining validation and valuable feedback prior to investing your resources into its development. However, it is advised to be careful and conscious while you are creating your prototype as it has to be viable in the marketplace for the customers to interact and understand your product and its value.
This makes ample room for you to look for opportunities to evaluate and optimize its market potential. A proper market exposure can lead to a huge success of a product as it will automatically increase your brand awareness and recognition.
Before you jump into your product development and launching process, you need to have a solid plan and strategy.
So, we have listed 5 steps to prepare your prototype that will make you market-ready–
- Have a clear goal– When you are creating your design concept and shaping your idea into something big, you need to be clear about your short term and long term goals and objectives. You need to have a clear purpose for building a prototype.
- Determine target audience– If you are creating a tangible form of an idea, you need to keep your niche audience in mind. For eg. If you are building a food ordering platform, you need to use vibrant colours, as the people who will be using it are hungry and colours like red and yellow make a person feel hungry. In contrast to that, an app for corporate use will not have such an interface.
- Build a working prototype– Before going to the market, several prototypes are built and examined and after you have done developing your representational prototype, now it’s time for you to build your working prototype– i.e. which is functional and can almost do everything, so that you can find out the shortcomings and glitches that you need to fix, before sending it for the final development.
- Hire professionals– Prototyping is done by professionals like Protomock, not only makes the process of prototyping easy, but at the same time it offers design support and best of all, it helps you design your prototype without worrying about flaws and without writing a single line of code. The team of experienced professionals at Protomock are incredibly helpful and will assist you till the end.
- Create a product distribution plan– Speed to market, product sourcing and product cost are the most important factors to consider when creating a product distribution plan. If you can shorten your supply chain, you can increase your speed to market. So, you need to start small. Store your products and keep your order quantity low, until you have an available budget to produce.
So, if you’re thinking of launching a new product, do not hesitate to contact Protomock– your one-stop solution for all your prototyping needs.