From self-driving cars to virtual assistants like Siri and Google Home, AI or artificial intelligence is progressing at a rapid pace.
Robots like AI with human-like characteristics can encompass anything from IBM’s Watson to autonomous weapons to Instagram algorithms.
What is Artificial Intelligence or AI?
AI or artificial intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines and especially computer systems which might include natural language processing, speech recognition, expert systems or machine vision.
Also Read “How Can Artificial Intelligence Bridge Gaps in Education?”
Disadvantages of artificial intelligence
Although AI might not ever be able to exhibit human emotions, Artificial Intelligence is so rapidly evolving where the researchers are having debates that artificial intelligence is a threat to humanity, as some researchers feel that a superintelligent AI might have the following risks
- An AI might be programmed as an autonomous weapon to do something devastating.
- In an unlikely case, the AI may be programmed to do something beneficial but unfortunately, it develops a destructive method for the achievement of this goal.
How does Artificial Intelligence benefit society?
Deep learning technologies and artificial neural networks are quickly becoming one of the top ways by which huge volumes of data are processed and created on a daily basis which is not physically possible by a human researcher.
There are many benefits of AI and some of them are given below
- Improving customer relations – Artificial Intelligence is making the entire customer experience more personalised which, by default is enriching customer relations. The recommendation of such products in which the person or customer might be interested in gives a better chance to increase revenue and promote brand visibility.
- 24X7 customer service possible by Virtual Assistants – Virtual Assistants and AI-driven chatbots are making communication with humans so seamless and effective that it surpasses all other customer service platforms. These chatbots allow the companies to provide higher levels of fulfilment and enhance human satisfaction by being available 24X7.
- Strengthening Brand Loyalty – Many consumers expect a personalized experience when they are using a particular brand. However, it gets difficult for small businesses to personalize the customer experience as it takes time, effort and money. But for delivering a customized experience, one can map out the individual customer journeys and print the moments for increasing the engagement of users and drive sales.
- Streamlining the recruiting processes – One of the major benefits of AI is that it increases the efficiency of the recruiting and hiring process. It speeds up the candidate review process by eliminating human bias from the initial screenings which are very good news for maintaining workplace diversity and at the same time bringing out talents from all over the world.
Look At “Is Artificial intelligence (AI) the next step of smart learning?”
Now that you know the pros and cons of Artificial Intelligence, you know how Artificial Intelligence will change the future. You must be well-acquainted with how you want to incorporate AI into your business platforms. So, if you want to invest in AI you are definitely at the right place- given that BSEtec is one of the leading companies dealing with AI and Machine Learning. Contact BSEtec today for further details.